Monday, March 2, 2015

Mail Art

Illustrator is definitely turning out to be a much more different and complex program to learn with. I think I'm getting the hang of it, however!

Both images were primarily done in Illustrator (including text) with minor edits made in Photoshop:



This piece was in equal parts based off of the song"Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" originally by Pete Seeger (although my favorite version is the rendition done by "Earth, Wind, and Fire") as well as lily plants I received for my birthday. The nuance ended up being something either hopeful or wistful, as though something were being lost--or born.




This one was a direct response to my first piece, conveying a darker, gloomier atmosphere with harsher contrast. It may also be an echo to the wartime theme that's presented in the song "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?"; a dog-print amid a confused, eccentric, violent flux of imprints on an indistinct background.

No comments:

Post a Comment