Monday, March 9, 2015

Logo Heist

I decided that my logo victim would be the recent update of deviantART's logo:



I felt that there was enough of a charged circumstance regarding this logo from the community to warrant a viable heist of the design!

My original ideas, while being mocking, were pretty one-dimensional in terms of scope and impact:


I decided I wanted to go for something that would not only physically alter the logo instead of changing its meanings, but change it into something that really brings into perspective the kind of community drama that unfolded with its unveiling:



That is, until I learned that this wasn't an all-together original idea:

Original artwork by "zebdal"


In the end, I settled for a logo that, while heavily modded, I feel still harbors the true, original spirit of the new logo:

FINAL




No comments:

Post a Comment