Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Improbable Monument: Dumbass Ideas



Here is a dump of some of the ideas I've come up with so far while brainstorming possible ideas:



CHIP BAG MONUMENT--

After blowing through an entire grab bag of assorted snacks with my sister, I idly wondered what it would be like to build a monument dedicated to the deliciousness of Frito Lay brand snack chips, made entirely out of the plastic bags the chips come in.

The "improbable" part of it would come from the sheer impracticality of building something stable and enduring with nothing but such a light, flimsy, easily weather-degradable material. It would also be unorthodox to build a monument for greasy, salty snack foods (although the commentary behind the monument might be interesting in itself). For the sake of construction, however, I doubt I'll go with this option (I have absolutely no idea how I would go about constructing something out of paper bags in sketchup).



SEX TOY MONUMENT--

I read the "no censoring" section of the original project instructions, and true to form, I immediately thought of something that would require censoring.

The idea would be to build some sort of spire-like (dildo) silicon construct, or perhaps a cavern or tunnel of some sort (flesh light) that would also be lined with silicon material. I'm not quite sure how well silicon stands up to long-term outdoor conditions, so I cannot really say how a 25 ft tall dildo would hold up out in the elements (although a flesh light cave might be somewhat more resistant due to its construction. The surface dedication of a sex toy monument  would be the celebration of human sexuality--although, in its deeper layers, it could be a defiant claim on female pleasure, as much of the sex toy industry caters to female patrons and sexual drive.


NORTH KOREAN MONUMENT TO SONY--

The improbability of this particular idea is rather explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment